In this brief ice breaker session, form interdisciplinary groups and answer as many of the questions below as time permits.
- Share your name, major, research project timeline, hometown, etc.)
- From which discipline(s) do you draw information or approaches for your summer project?
- What is your specific role in your summer project?
- What is one challenge or predicted challenge of your summer project?
- How is research and/or scholarship defined similarly and differently across disciplines?
- What are some examples of different types of URSCA?
- How is URSCA disseminated in different disciplines? (e.g. papers, posters, extemporaneous speaking, speaking with visual aids (PPT), peer-reviewed journals, books, reports to community partners, etc.)
PEAK students: record answers to these questions from your group and save in a PEAK document. Your responses will be shared with the Office of URSCA at a future date.